Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions outlined below apply to all work done by MTP Signs Pty Ltd Trading as The SignPlace Maitland
• Quotes – All quotes issued by The SignPlace Maitland are subject to the terms and conditions.
• Ordering – The quote form must be signed and faxed/e-mailed/mailed back before any commencement on the work will begin. By signing the quote form you agree to all of the terms and conditions. The SignPlace Maitland retain an absolute discretion to choose to accept a verbal order. If The SignPlace Maitland does choose to accept a verbal order it will constitute a binding acceptance and the customer will be deemed to have accepted that the work is subject to these terms and conditions.
• Payment terms – Payment is to be paid in full on the date of completion of work unless otherwise agreed in writing. The work will not be handed or delivered to the customer unless such payment is made by credit card, direct deposit, cash or bank cheque. If the customer wished to pay by business cheque, Just Signs reserves the right to withhold the work until that cheque has been cleared. If payment has not been made in full by 14 days of date of invoice, The SignPlace Maitland has the right to hire a debt collector to collect the money owed and all costs associated with the debt collection will be passed onto the customer in full.
• Contracting party – The person or company or whose apparent representative who signs the order will be deemed to be the customer and will be liable to pay a The SignPlace Maitland all money due under these terms and conditions.
• Deposit – The first time customer must pay a 50% deposit of the total value of the order on all work. Some Customers with orders greater than $1000 and interstate customers may be made to pay 50 % to 100% of the total value of the order on any work no matter what the value before commencement of the work will begin.
• Colour match – The SignPlace Maitland make every effort to colour match a job to the customer’s specifications but cannot guarantee absolute colour match. It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that the final colour is to their satisfaction before The SignPlace Maitland begin the work.
• Artwork – All artwork created by The SignPlace Maitland must be approved by the customer in writing prior to the commencement of manufacture. The SignPlace Maitland will retain ownership of any artwork produced by us. The sale or licence for the artwork, design or material capable of attracting copyright for future use by the client is a matter for separate negotiation. The customer must not reproduce these things without the prior written consent of The SignPlace Maitland. Please note: any artwork supplied by the customer that cannot be read may occur an extra charge to correct or reformat the file.
• Changes to layout – For any changes after the original proposed layout has been completed, the customer will be charged at a rate of $50.00 per hour for those changes.
• Delivery – Unless otherwise stated in writing, delivery costs are not included in the price quoted. The customer agrees that where it requests The SignPlace Maitland to arrange delivery the customer will pay the costs of delivery. Any delivery dates quoted are estimates only and The SignPlace Maitland is not liable for any costs, losses or damages arising whether directly or indirectly from none or late delivery of any goods ordered.
• Installation – Unless otherwise stated the quoted price of a job includes the ordinary costs of installation, including labour during normal business hours, hole(s) boring and concrete. Unless otherwise stated in writing the use of hiring lifting apparatus (cherry pickers, scissor lifts, cranes etc.) is not included in the quoted installation price. If MTP Signs need to hire any lifting apparatus to safely install work for the customer then all additional costs will be charged to the customer on top of the quoted price. If installation is required on weekends or after hours when penalty labour rates apply, a $100% per hour rate will be charged on top of the quoted price.
• Variations and urgent work – Costs that are incurred by the virtue of the client changing the specifications of the job, requiring the work to be done out of hours when increased labour rates apply and requesting a job to be done early necessitating the use of overtime labour, the extra costs will then be charged out to the customer at cost.
• Disbursements – The following disbursements may be charged at cost by The SignPlace Maitland and paid on top of the quoted price: photocopying, artwork printouts, mobile phone calls, facsimile transmission, courier, packaging and handling.
• Warranty and indemnity – the customer warrants that it has obtained all necessary approvals from third party owners of intellectual property and from relevant regulatory authorities for the production and installation and the customer indemnifies The SignPlace Maitland against any action, claim or demand by any third party as a result of this approval not being obtained.
• Additional Warranty - All work has a one (1) year warranty if the product has been damaged under normal use and maintenance due to improper material or workmanship.
the warranty is voided due to
damage resulting from improper maintenance / improper preparation of paintwork on any surfaces, like vehicles, trailers or any other substrates
Damaging winds and Thunderstorms
Hail and storm damage
damage resulting from natural disasters
theft or vandalism of a product
loss of a product
• Return of goods – Where goods have been incorrectly supplied, are faulty or have been damaged, the customer undertakes to notify The SignPlace Maitland within 7 days of receipt. Claims after this time may not be accepted. Goods shall be returned to The SignPlace Maitland at the customer’s expense.
• Retention of title – Title in goods does not pass to the customer until full payment is recovered.
• Copyright – All responsibility for copyright on any material brought to The SignPlace Maitland will be the customers. We accept that the customer either owns the copyright or has obtained permission, which gives an undertaking to indemnify the copying service provider if loss is suffered due to a breach of that warranty.
Terms and conditions as per 1/5/2016 valid for all work done by MTP Signs PTY Ltd trading as the SignPlace Maitland, 245 Morpeth Rd, Raworth NSW 2321